Friday, May 29, 2015

Fire Tetris - Burning Man 2015

Last weekend in Montreal there was a really fun event (I got to DJ there, which was a blast in itself) to raise money for one of the coolest projects I've ever heard of: Fire Tetris, a 27' fully playable tetris game made of 200 pixels of pure FIRE.


I was behind on updating this space (so no heads up about the event, alas) but to recap: there were fire performaces, hoopers, great DJ's, a tetris tournament, and a good chunk of change was raised. Fire Tetris has already received a grant from the Burning Man organization to bring their project to the Playa, but this thing's going to be pretty expensive, so more money is still needed! A Kickstarter project should be launched soon, I'll link to that once it is.

To get an idea of just how awesome Fire Tetris in going to be, look at this digital mockup video:


Fire Tetris Video Preview from Jody McIntyre on Vimeo.

More info at firetetris.com.

We were all happy to continue the fun the next day as Les Brûleurs de Montréal took over DJ duties at the Gazebo on the Mountain (which, sadly, may no longer be a thing after this weekend...). Here I am in my element on that fine Sunday Funday:


It looks unlikely that I'll go to Burning Man myself this year, but there's going to be a great crew on Montrealers there - and if you go, be sure to check out the Fire Tetris installation!

Update: the Kickstarter Campaign is LIVE: Learn more and donate here.

No comments:

Post a Comment